Scatto JC28 CX, Road, MTB XC or Triathlon Bikes
We've always been big fans of the unique Scatto JC28 and since 2016 Kids Racing have been consulting closely with the factory in Flanders, Belgium to improve their framesets further. So what makes this bike a 'game-changer'?
The range for Scatto framesets have proved highly-popular, dominating the grids and podiums of regional Cyclocross, MTB XC, Road and Triathlon events for several years now, but why?
- Big advantage of 700c wheels for small riders (from approx age 7+) in all events
- Very lightweight bikes, with builds as light as 7.3kg with an Aluminium frame
- Ability to use Mum & Dad's lightweight wheelsets and more
- We specialise in gearing to British Cycling/British Triathlon rollback limits
- Year-round bikes – just swap tyres for winter/off-road events
- British Cycling Road Racing, British Triathlon, Cyclocross & MTB legal bike
- Carry all components forward to their next frame (only outgrowing cranks & frame)
- Personalised-spec: 9/10/11 speed, factory-painted to order (to your design) or use a stock frameset
- Multiple Build options: fully-built bikes, complete/part 'self-build' bundles, a frameset or individual components
With a sub-60cm min inside leg, it’s not uncommon to see 7-year olds winning on the 700c version. We build all types of Scatto JC28, including straight-bar versions, popular with front-running riders on the most hostly contested regional Cyclocross championships: Notts & Derby Cyclocross League and West Midlands Cyclocross League (see below).
A range of 5 fully-built bikes (with options to make upgrades) for collection or UK courier delivery (worldwide available)
Scatto JC28 Framesets:
A range of 3 framesets (with custom colour options) for collection or UK courier delivery (worldwide available)
Complete 'Self-Build' Bundles:
A range of 4 full 'self-build' bundles (with wheelset options) for collection or UK courier delivery (worldwide available)
Range of child-specific components to build or improve an existing bike for UK courier delivery (worldwide available)
Notts & Derby (NDCXL) & West Midlands (WMCXL) Cyclocross Leagues:This year’s Notts & Derby Cyclocross League’s grids had as many as 80 riders in the U9’s (around 130 U12 riders) of which 5 of the top 6 riders were on Scatto JC28 bikes – on a mix of drop bar and straight bar builds. Very big grids were also common on the WMCXL. Scatto riders have dominated the front rows of these grids throughout the season.
Young George Cooper was crowned NDCXL U9 Champion, to add to his impressive tally of Mallory Youth League U8 Champion, BSCA National MTB U9 Champion, West Mids MTB XC U10 Champion and Assen European Youth Tour Stage Winner – aboard his Scatto JC28. A rider to watch out for in the future.
George says: “I fell in love with my Scatto the moment I saw it, I love the colours – it really stands out, my previous bike was quite plain. I’m not very tall and so the standover allowed me to fit a bike with 700c wheels. Everyone wants to try my bike, even the commentator in the WMCCL had a go!”
Case Studies & Examples:
A look at a small selection of our Scatto JC28 builds, many overall Championship winners...CLICK HERE
You can choose to specify your own frameset colours, created for you at the factory in Belgium...