Scatto J-Race 700c Junior Road Race Bike
This product is sold out
Rare, lightweight and correctly proportioned 700c road bike, the tiny 38cm Scatto J-Race makes for an incredible children's bike.
A unique Road or Triathlon racing bike for 8yr olds+ (for reference, the very small but experienced 8-year old test rider in our photographs is 125cm tall with a 54cm inside leg on a custom-built example with the smallest HUP components).
All built with correct, child-specific components so they can ride in comfort, putting all their power down on the road. This is not simply a small frame, with cheap adult components that make it difficult. This is a low-standover, short cockpit (49cm top-tube) bike with short, narrow Q-factor proportional cranks.
Our Scatto J-Race bike is a game-changer, because your rider doesn't have to wait until their 11 years old to ride a full-sized 700c adult wheel anymore!
Spec: Scatto J-Race 700c Junior Road Race Bike
Frame & Forks:
Aluminium alloy frame & carbon forks (38cm seat tube) 1 1/8” headset, 68mm BSA English BB, bottle cage boss, calliper rim brake - 100/130 hubs
Choose from our stock of framesets and let us know in the Checkout: CLICK HERE
HUP 320mm bars on HUP 50mm alloy stem with carbon-fibre spacers
Saddle & Post:
HUP saddle with HUP seatpost & alloy clamp
HUP lightweight 145mm alloy cranks
Microshift R10s 10-speed short-reach shifters
104 BCD ‘narrow-wide’ single: 36T (others available, see below)
KMC X10 10-Speed chain (chain guide available, see below)
Shimano 10-speed cassette 12-28t (other ratios available)
Microshift R9 10-speed rear mech
Tektro R525 calipers
Shimano RS100 wheelset @ 1920g (upgrades available, see below)
Michelin 700c Road tyres
Approx 8.6kg (upgrades reduce weight)
Delivery: either collection in person (allow 5 working days from order) or UK wide courier for (+£35) dispatched in approx 5 working days
Age Range: approx 8-years old and up
Recommended Min Inside Leg: 62cm bare-foot. (We measure our bikes from the floor up to the top-tube, in-front of the saddle, then minus 2cm for shoes)
Once you've place your order, we will contact you to discuss any upgrades you may wish to make...
Upgrades, modifications and customisation:
There is a large number of potential specifications of wheelsets/cassette/derailleur/chains/shifters that can be created - too many to list here. CONTACT US to discuss your requirements. These are a few examples of our popular upgrades;
- WHEELS: ALX440 @ 1520g: +£150 (approx 310g lighter) - Novatec Sprint @ 1370g: +£360 (approx 480g lighter)
- TYRES: Michelin Power Comp tyres +£50
- TUBES; Challenge Latex tubes (road) +£26
- CHAINS: KMC SL chain +£25 (10sp) or £35 (11sp) - KMC DLC chain: +£60 (10sp) or +£75 (11sp) - RPS chain guide: +£25
- COCKPIT: Carbon rotary seat post (short cockpit): +£20 (35g lighter) - Syntace Negative stem (short riders on drops): +£70 - HUP Titanium saddle: +£8
- GROUPSETS: We can upgrade to any SRAM or Shimano groupsets - please Contact Us
- COLOURS: Custom frameset colours: +£50 (approx 5 weeks to build, see below)
If you intend to Road Race or Triathlon (on gear restricted events) let us know your child’s British Cycling/British Triathlon age category and we can specify the correct chainring, cassette & tyres to maximise the available gearing.
Custom Frameset Colour Options (+£50):
You can choose to have your bike built in a different colour scheme to those we have in stock. Simply tell us the colours you would like after ordering (please allow an extra 5 weeks for your frameset to be manufactured and the bike built-up);
- Frame: White, Black, Grey or Red (Gloss or Matt)
- Letter colours: White, Black, Red, Fluro or Grey
- Flag designs: Flanders lion, Union Jack, Belgium flag or Dutch flag
- NEW colour scheme: Fluro Gloss frame, Black letters and Flanders lion
Contact us for delivery outside Mainland UK, Europe or the US. Above images of a custom built SRAM eTap bike (built for a small rider) are for illustration purposes. Bike is built to the spec listed above.