Scatto JC28 Small 11-speed 700c Junior Cyclocross Bike
Same superb bike as the 10sp version, but now with the world's first 11-speed Short-Reach groupset with wide ratio gears - this thing can climb!
A year-round bike to do it all? Not only is it a superb Cyclocross or Triathlon bike giving younger riders the big benefit of 700c wheels.
All built with correct, child-specific components so they can ride in comfort, putting all their power down on the road. This is not simply a small frame, with cheap adult components that make it difficult. This is a low-standover, short cockpit (49cm top-tube) bike with narrow Q-factor, proportional cranks.
Best of all, it can still climb, so it’s perfect for leisure rides in the holidays, trail or road. It’s even ready for a trip to the Alps, thanks to it’s 11-40t cassette and long-cage mech producing a sub-1.6 metre gear rollout (30Tx40t) on road tyres. An important consideration when putting smaller children on 700c wheels.
Our Scatto JC28 (Junior Cross, 28"/700c wheel) bikes are a game-changer, because your rider doesn’t have to wait until they are 11 years old to ride a 700c bike anymore (for reference, the very small but experienced 8-year old test rider in our photographs above is 127cm tall with a 56cm inside leg on a custom-built example with the smallest HUP components).
Spec: Scatto JC28 Small 11-speed 700c Junior Cyclocross Bike
Frame & Forks:
Aluminium alloy frame & carbon forks (38cm seat tube) 1 1/8” headset, 68mm BSA English BB, bottle cage boss.
Choose from our stock of framesets and let us know in the Checkout: CLICK HERE
HUP 320mm bars with Black bar tape on HUP 50mm alloy stem with carbon-fibre spacers
Saddle & Post:
HUP saddle with HUP seatpost & alloy clamp
HUP lightweight 145mm alloy cranks
Microshift XCD SB-M110 11-speed short-reach shifters
104 BCD ‘narrow-wide’ single: 30T (others available, see below)
KMC X11 11-Speed chain (chain guide available, see below)
Microshift 11-speed XCD cassette 11-40t
Microshift XCD 11-speed clutched rear mech
Tektro cantilever brakes
Shimano RS100 wheelset @ 1920g (upgrades available, see below)
Michelin 700c Road tyres
Approx 9kg on road tyres (upgrades reduce weight)
Delivery: All bikes are built to order for either collection in person (allow 5 working days from order) or UK wide courier for (+£35) dispatched in approx 5 working days
Age Range: approx 8-years old and up
Recommended Min Inside Leg: 62cm bare-foot
(We measure our bikes from the floor up to the top-tube, in-front of the saddle, then minus 2cm for shoes)
Once you've place your order, we will contact you to discuss any upgrades you may wish to make...
Upgrades, modifications and customisation:
There is a large number of potential specifications of wheelsets/cassette/derailleur/chains/shifters that can be created - too many to list here. CONTACT US to discuss your requirements. These are a few examples of our popular upgrades;
- WHEELS: ALX440 @ 1520g: +£130 (approx 310g lighter) / Novatec Sprint @ 1370g: +£360 (approx 480g lighter)
- TYRES: Hutchinson Toro CX tyres +£35 / Schwalbe CX Pro tyres +£20 / Michelin Power Comp tyres +£50
- TUBES; Challenge Latex tubes (road) +£26 / Challenge Latex tubes (CX) +£28
- CHAINS: KMC SL chain +£25 (10sp) or £35 (11sp) / KMC DLC chain: +£60 (10sp) or +£75 (11sp) / RPS chain guide: +£25
- COCKPIT: Carbon rotary seat post (short cockpit): +£20 (35g lighter) / Syntace Negative stem (short riders on drops): +£70 / HUP Titanium saddle: +£8
- GROUPSETS: We can upgrade to any SRAM or Shimano groupsets - please Contact Us
- COLOURS: Custom frameset colours: +£50 (approx 5 weeks to build, see below)
You can choose to have your bike built in a different colour scheme to those we have in stock. Simply tell us the colours you would like after ordering (please allow an extra 5 weeks for your frameset to be manufactured and the bike built-up);
- Frame: White, Black, Grey or Red (Gloss or Matt)
- Letter colours: White, Black, Red, Fluro or Grey
- Flag designs: Flanders lion, Union Jack, Belgium flag or Dutch flag
- NEW colour scheme: Fluro Gloss frame, Black letters and Flanders lion
Contact us for delivery outside Mainland UK, Europe or the US. Above images are for illustration purposes. Optional rotary seat post fitted for smaller riders. Bike is built to the spec listed above.