Self-Build Bundle (Full) - Scatto JC28 Large (44cm) - Straight Handlebars
There is probably nothing more satisfying, that watching your child cross the finish line on a bike you built for them. You can also save upto £200 on the price of a fully-built Scatto JC28.
Everything you need to self-build a Scatto JC28: this complete kit includes all components to assemble a straight handlebar (Microshift 9-speed) 44cm JC28 Large yourself. You can choose to order without a wheelset (so you can use your own) or upgrade the standard wheelset, to a lighter version.
If you're nervous about cutting and fitting the fork and bottom-bracket, you can opt for Kids Racing to do it for you when ordering. You can also upgrade your groupset or frameset colour scheme too;
Frame & Forks:
Aluminium alloy frame & carbon forks (44cm seat tube) 1 1/8” headset, 68mm BSA English BB, bottle cage boss.
Black gloss frame, with Fluro yellow letters and Flanders lion design
580mm carbon fibre bars with 35mm long alloy stem with carbon-fibre spacers spacers spacers
Saddle & Post:
HUP saddle with HUP seatpost & alloy clamp
Promax lightweight 150mm alloy cranks
Microshift Marvo XE 9-speed shifter
110 BCD ‘narrow-wide’ single 34T (36T and 38T available, see below)
KMC X9 9-Speed chain (chain guide also available, see below)
Microshift 9-speed cassette 11-34t
Microshift R9 9-speed rear mech
- No Wheels
- Shimano RS010 wheelset @ 1860g
- SS Components wheelset (hand-built) 700c 24mm @ 1520g (approx 350g lighter)
- Cero AR24 Evo wheelset 700c 24mm @ 1480g (approx 390g lighter)
Schwalbe Laguna 700c Cyclocross tyres
All necessary parts: inner and outer cables, ferrules, cable ends, spacers, inner tubes, barrel adjusters, cable guide, bar tape and flat pedals.
Delivery: FREE UK wide courier, dispatched within 5 working days from order (contact us for delivery outside Mainland UK, Europe or the US).
Please contact us if you wish to upgrade your Self-Build Bike Kit with any of the following...
Upgrades, modifications and customisation:
There is a large number of potential specifications, too many to list. Here is a few examples to give you an idea of what's possible;
- 10-speed Microshift (11-34) build: +£50 (approx 50g lighter)
- 10-speed Shimano 105 (11-32) build: +£100 (approx 150g lighter)
- 10-speed Shimano XT (11-36) build: +£150 (approx 150g lighter)
- 11-speed SRAM eTap (11-32) build: +£1500 (approx 350g lighter)
- Optional chain guide: +£20 (approx +60g)
- Custom frameset colours: +£100 (approx 5 weeks to build, see below)
If you intend to Road Race or Triathlon (on gear restricted events) let us know your child’s British Cycling/British Triathlon age category and we can specify the correct chainring, cassette & tyres to maximise the available gearing. We can also fit more upgrades to improve the specification and reduce weight further, such as super-lightweight chains, bottom-brackets and cassettes.
Custom Frameset Colour Options:
You can choose to have your frameset built in a different colour scheme. Simply tell us the colours you would like after ordering (please allow an extra 5 weeks for your frameset to be manufactured);
- Frame: White, Black or Red (Gloss or Matt)
- Letter colours: White, Black, Red, Fluro or Grey
- Flag designs: Flanders lion, Union Jack, Belgium flag or Dutch flag
- NEW 2018 colour scheme: Fluro Gloss frame, Black letters and Black/White Flanders lion
We advise you only attempt to build a bike if you have the mechanical competence to do so safely. If not, always seek the assistance of a qualified bike mechanic. If you do not know how to cut and fit a fork for instance, we can do it for you or you visit your local bike mechanic/experienced cycling club coach. Typically only standard bike tools are required: Allan keys, cable cutters, screw drivers, small spanners, chain tool, saw/pipe guide, cassette socket, SQT bb tool, tyre levers and pump.
(Above image for illustration only)