Self-Build Bundle - Scatto J-Race (10-speed) Drop Handlebars
Nothing more satisfying, than watching your child cross the finish line on a bike you built for them. You can also save money on a fully-built Scatto J-Race!
Everything you need to self-build a Scatto J-Race: this complete kit includes all components to assemble a drop handlebar (Microshift 10-speed) 38cm J-Race yourself. You can choose to order without a wheelset (so you can use your own) or upgrade the standard wheelset, to a lighter version.
If you're nervous about cutting the fork and fitting the bottom-bracket, you can opt for Kids Racing to do it for you when ordering. You can also upgrade components or frameset colour scheme too - just CONTACT US;
Frame & Forks:
Aluminium alloy frame & carbon forks (38cm seat tube) 1 1/8” headset, 68mm BSA English BB, bottle cage boss.
Choose from our stock of framesets and let us know in the Checkout: CLICK HERE
HUP 320mm bars on HUP 50mm alloy stem with carbon-fibre spacers
Saddle & Post:
HUP saddle with HUP seatpost & alloy clamp
HUP lightweight 145mm alloy cranks
Microshift R10s 10-speed short-reach shifters
104 BCD ‘narrow-wide’ single 36T (others available, see below)
KMC X10 10-Speed chain (chain guide also available, see below)
Shimano 10-speed cassette 12-28t
Microshift R9 10-speed rear mech
Tektro calliper brakes
- No Wheels
- Shimano RS100 wheelset @ 1920g
- ALEX ALX440 wheelset 700c 26mm @ 1520g: +£130 (approx 310g lighter)
Michelin 700c Road tyres
All necessary parts: inner and outer cables, ferrules, cable ends, spacers, inner tubes, barrel adjusters, cable guide, bar tape and flat pedals.
Delivery: either collection in person or UK wide courier for (+£10) dispatched in approx 5 weeks from order (all J-Race frames are special order)
Please contact us if you wish to upgrade your Self-Build Bike Kit with any of the following...
Upgrades, modifications and customisation:
There is a large number of potential specifications of wheelsets/cassette/derailleur/chains/shifters that can be created - too many to list here. CONTACT US to discuss your requirements. These are a few examples of our popular upgrades;
- WHEELS: ALX440 @ 1520g: +£130 (approx 310g lighter) - Novatec Sprint @ 1370g: +£360 (approx 480g lighter)
- TYRES: Michelin Power Comp tyres +£50
- TUBES; Challenge Latex tubes (road) +£26
- CHAINS: KMC SL chain +£25 (10sp) or £35 (11sp) - KMC DLC chain: +£60 (10sp) or +£75 (11sp) - RPS chain guide: +£20
- COCKPIT: Carbon rotary seat post (short cockpit): +£20 (35g lighter) - Syntace Negative stem (short riders on drops): +£70 - HUP Titanium saddle: +£8
- GROUPSETS: We can upgrade to any SRAM or Shimano groupsets - please Contact Us
- COLOURS: Custom frameset colours: +£50 (approx 5 weeks to build, see below)
If you intend to Road Race or Triathlon (on gear restricted events) let us know your child’s British Cycling/British Triathlon age category and we can specify the correct chainring, cassette & tyres to maximise the available gearing.
Custom Frameset Colour Options (+£50):
You can choose to have your bike built in a different colour scheme to those we have in stock. Simply tell us the colours you would like after ordering (please allow an extra 5 weeks for your frameset to be manufactured and the bike built-up);
- Frame: White, Black, Grey or Red (Gloss or Matt)
- Letter colours: White, Black, Red, Fluro or Grey
- Flag designs: Flanders lion, Union Jack, Belgium flag or Dutch flag
We advise you only attempt to build a bike if you have the mechanical competence to do so safely. If not, always seek the assistance of a qualified bike mechanic. If you do not know how to cut and fit a fork for instance, we can do it for you or you visit your local bike mechanic/experienced cycling club coach. Typically a local bike shop will charge between £40 to £80 for a full bike build. Only standard bike tools are required: Allan keys, cable cutters, screw drivers, small spanners, chain tool, saw/pipe guide, cassette socket, SQT bb tool, tyre levers and pump. Above images for illustration only.