Self-Build Bundle - Scatto JC28 Small (11-speed) Straight Handlebars
This product is sold out
Nothing more satisfying, than watching your child cross the finish line on a bike you built for them. You can also save money on a fully-built Scatto JC28!
Everything you need to self-build a Scatto JC28: this complete kit includes all components to assemble a straight handlebar (Microshift 11-speed) 38cm JC28 Small yourself. You can choose to order without a wheelset (so you can use your own) or upgrade the standard wheelset, to a lighter version.
If you're nervous about cutting the fork and fitting the bottom-bracket, you can opt for Kids Racing to do it for you when ordering. You can also upgrade components or frameset colour scheme too - just CONTACT US;
Frame & Forks:
Aluminium alloy frame & carbon forks (38cm seat tube) 1 1/8” headset, 68mm BSA English BB, bottle cage boss.
Choose from our stock of framesets and let us know in the Checkout: CLICK HERE
580mm carbon fibre bars on HUP 60mm alloy stem with carbon-fibre spacers spacers spacers spacers
Saddle & Post:
HUP saddle with HUP seatpost & alloy clamp
HUP lightweight 140mm alloy cranks
Microshift MTB 11-speed shifter
104 BCD ‘narrow-wide’ single 30T (others available, see below)
KMC X11 11-Speed chain (chain guide also available, see below)
Microshift 11-speed XCD cassette 11-40t
Microshift XCD 11-speed clutched rear mech
Tektro cantilever brakes
- No Wheels
- Shimano RS100 wheelset @ 1920g
- ALEX ALX440 wheelset 700c 26mm @ 1520g: +£130 (approx 310g lighter)
Schwalbe 700c CX tyres
Includes Additional Parts:
All necessary parts: inner and outer cables, ferrules, cable ends, spacers and cable guide are included.
Delivery: either collection in person (allow 5 working days from order) or UK wide courier for (+£10) dispatched in approx 5 working days
Please contact us if you wish to upgrade your Self-Build Bike Kit with any of the following...
Upgrades, modifications and customisation:
There is a large number of potential specifications of wheelsets/cassette/derailleur/chains/shifters that can be created - too many to list here. CONTACT US to discuss your requirements. These are a few examples of our popular upgrades;
- WHEELS: ALX440 @ 1520g: +£150 (approx 310g lighter) / Novatec Sprint @ 1370g: +£360 (approx 480g lighter)
- TYRES: Hutchinson Toro CX tyres +£35 / Schwalbe CX Pro tyres +£20 / Michelin Power Comp tyres +£50
- TUBES; Challenge Latex tubes (road) +£26 / Challenge Latex tubes (CX) +£28
- CHAINS: KMC SL chain +£25 (10sp) or £35 (11sp) / KMC DLC chain: +£60 (10sp) or +£75 (11sp) / RPS chain guide: +£25
- COCKPIT: Carbon rotary seat post (short cockpit): +£20 (35g lighter) / Syntace Negative stem (short riders on drops): +£70 / HUP Titanium saddle: +£8
- GROUPSETS: We can upgrade to any SRAM or Shimano groupsets - please Contact Us
We advise you only attempt to build a bike if you have the mechanical competence to do so safely. If not, always seek the assistance of a qualified bike mechanic. If you do not know how to cut and fit a fork for instance, we can do it for you or you visit your local bike mechanic/experienced cycling club coach. Typically a local bike shop will charge between £40 to £80 for a full bike build. Only standard bike tools are required: Allan keys, cable cutters, screw drivers, small spanners, chain tool, saw/pipe guide, cassette socket, SQT bb tool, tyre levers and pump. Above images for illustration only.
Note: remaining stock forks have some storage marks/chips