Test Scatto Custom Built JC28 700c CX Bike
A year-round bike to do it all? Not only is it a superb Cyclocross bike giving younger riders the big benefit of 700c wheels, but swap the tyres and it's also a fantastic MTB XC race bike too.
All built with correct, child-specific components so they can ride in comfort, putting all their power down on the road. This is not simply a small frame, with cheap adult components that make it difficult. This is a low-standover, short cockpit (49cm top-tube) bike with narrow Q-factor, proportional cranks.
Best of all, it can still climb, so it’s perfect for leisure rides in the holidays, trail or road. It’s even ready for a trip to the Alps, thanks to it’s 11-34t cassette and long-cage mech producing a sub-1.9 metre gear rollout (30Tx34t) on road tyres. An important consideration when putting smaller children on 700c wheels.
Our Scatto JC28 (Junior Cross, 28"/700c wheel) bikes are a game-changer, because your rider doesn’t have to wait until they are 11 years old to ride a 700c bike anymore.
Frame & Forks:
Aluminium alloy frame & carbon forks (44cm seat tube) 1 1/8” headset, 68mm BSA English BB, bottle cage boss.
Microshift Xpress 10-speed shifter
104 BCD ‘narrow-wide’ single: 32T (others available, see below)
KMC X10 10-Speed chain (chain guide available, see below)
Microshift 10-speed cassette 11-34t
Microshift XLE 10-speed rear mech
Tektro cantilever brakes
Shimano RS100 wheelset @ 1920g (upgrades available, see below)
Schwalbe 700c CX tyres
Approx 8.65kg (upgrades reduce weight)
Delivery: either collection in person (allow 5 working days from order) or UK wide courier for (+£35) dispatched in approx 5 working days
Age Range: approx 9-years old and up
Recommended Min Inside Leg: 64cm bare-foot
(We measure our bikes from the floor up to the top-tube, in-front of the saddle, then minus 2cm for shoes)
- WHEELS: ALX440 @ 1520g: +£130 (approx 310g lighter) / Novatec Sprint @ 1370g: +£360 (approx 480g lighter)
- TYRES: Hutchinson Toro CX tyres +£35 / Schwalbe CX Pro tyres +£20 / Michelin Power Comp tyres +£50
- TUBES; Challenge Latex tubes (road) +£26 / Challenge Latex tubes (CX) +£28
- CHAINS: KMC SL chain +£25 (10sp) or £35 (11sp) / KMC DLC chain: +£60 (10sp) or +£75 (11sp) / RPS chain guide: +£25
- COCKPIT: Carbon rotary seat post (short cockpit): +£20 (35g lighter) / Syntace Negative stem (short riders on drops): +£70 / HUP Titanium saddle: +£8
- GROUPSETS: We can upgrade to any SRAM or Shimano groupsets - please Contact Us
If you intend to Road Race or Triathlon (on gear restricted events) let us know your child’s British Cycling/British Triathlon age category and we can specify the correct chainring, cassette & tyres to maximise the available gearing.
Contact us for delivery outside Mainland UK, for Europe or the US. Above images are for illustration purposes. Bike is built to the spec listed above.